- Variants: why you can't live without them
- Book recommendation: Binding Technology of Fabrics
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2016
- Arahne web site in Chinese
- Advanced ArahDrape user from Vietnam
- Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
- Thank you for visiting Arahne at ITMA 2015 in Milan, Italy!
- Vivid fabric simulations with scanned yarns
- Texture mapping program ArahDrape changes course
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2015
- Surprise in Sardinia
- How to earn 200€ with ArahPaint?
- New ArahDrape manual
- How to spot a genuine newcomer in politics?
- Video: Importing vector drawing into ArahPaint 5
- Do programs ever grow up?
- ArahWeave 7.1 ready for download
- Arahne has a problem
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2014
- How does Annette Duchesne Robitaille use ArahWeave?
- Updated ArahWeave User's Manual
- ArahWeave 7.0d is now available
- Arahne supports open source
- Arahne software on Mac OS X
- 3D for the 3D challenged
- Arahne partners with Pattern Design
- TC-2 jacquard and Arahne in Bratislava
- Arahne in Textiles Zentrum Haslach - Austria
- Mac version coming soon...
- Arahne awarded
- Replacing floppy in Stäubli JC5 with USB emulator
- Fast Pattern woven in Sordevolo
- Goodbye Ottavio Missoni, thank you for all the patterns
- DEMO software for Windows
- Say goodbye to floppies
- ArahPaint for Windows
- Quick Start Manuals
- Arahne at the Rajamangala University
- Automatic label on every fabric roll
- New agent in USA
- Satin Textiles Co.
has chosen Arahne
- Shiny new feature
- 20th Anniversary
- Lesson about optical illusions
- Presentation brochure
- ArahWeave shortcuts
- Patterns for download
- Find the closest color in different color libraries
- Support for Picanol machinery
- Fast Pattern
- Trend forecasting
- All news
How to earn 200€ with ArahPaint?
- Created: 20 March 2015
It sounds like a scam, but we are serious. ArahPaint is a free drawing program for textile design, and you can actually make money with it. We will show you an interesting way to do it.
If you watch TV at wee hours, you may be familiar with various forms of advertising, where a salesman screams and tries to sell you this or that. The more interesting way to extract money from you is a gambling game, disguised as a puzzle.
In this instance, a lady with an annoying voice will go on screaming forever, telling you to call the number on the screen, and find the difference between the two pictures. If you are the first to call, and spot the difference, you win 200€. Of course, the game organizer will earn thousands of Euros in exuberant phone charges from all the people waiting on the line. But that is besides the point. We need to find the difference between top and bottom picture, and it is not that easy! It is just as frustrating as the screaming lady.
But, lo and behold, we can use ArahPaint! First, pull out your smartphone and make a screenshot. Transfer the picture to your computer and load it in ArahPaint. Select the two banknotes and use “Unskew” function to straighten it. You will get this:
Finally, select the top banknote, and move it over the bottom one. You can use arrow keys for pixel perfect alignment. ArahPaint has special tools for display and pasting of selections, where selection can be shown in transparent mode, added or subtracted from the background picture. We will use the subtract mode to find the difference between the images.
See the white speck marked by the arrow? This is the position of the difference. Of course, the difference is between Cyrillic Б and Latin B in the Bank. Top one is correct, and bottom one is the forgery, as NARODNA BANKA JUGOSLAVIJE must be written in all Cyrillic letters in Macedonian language НАРОДНА БАНКА НА ЈУГОСЛАВИЈА.
Now you can call the phone number on the screen and claim your prize.
On the more serious side, finding differences between images can be useful in textile CAD – sometimes you have different versions of jacquard card file, and you can't find the difference, so you are unsure which to use or delete. Now you can see if they are equal, or if not, where lies the difference.