- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
- Book recommendation: Binding Technology of Fabrics
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2016
- Arahne web site in Chinese
- Advanced ArahDrape user from Vietnam
- Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
- Thank you for visiting Arahne at ITMA 2015 in Milan, Italy!
- Vivid fabric simulations with scanned yarns
- Texture mapping program ArahDrape changes course
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2015
- Surprise in Sardinia
- How to earn 200€ with ArahPaint?
- New ArahDrape manual
- How to spot a genuine newcomer in politics?
- Video: Importing vector drawing into ArahPaint 5
- Do programs ever grow up?
- ArahWeave 7.1 ready for download
- Arahne has a problem
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2014
- How does Annette Duchesne Robitaille use ArahWeave?
- Updated ArahWeave User's Manual
- ArahWeave 7.0d is now available
- Arahne supports open source
- Arahne software on Mac OS X
- 3D for the 3D challenged
- Arahne partners with Pattern Design
- TC-2 jacquard and Arahne in Bratislava
- Arahne in Textiles Zentrum Haslach - Austria
- Mac version coming soon...
- Arahne awarded
- Replacing floppy in Stäubli JC5 with USB emulator
- Fast Pattern woven in Sordevolo
- Goodbye Ottavio Missoni, thank you for all the patterns
- DEMO software for Windows
- Say goodbye to floppies
- ArahPaint for Windows
- Quick Start Manuals
- Arahne at the Rajamangala University
- Automatic label on every fabric roll
- New agent in USA
- Satin Textiles Co.
has chosen Arahne
- Shiny new feature
- 20th Anniversary
- Lesson about optical illusions
- Presentation brochure
- ArahWeave shortcuts
- Patterns for download
- Find the closest color in different color libraries
- Support for Picanol machinery
- Fast Pattern
- Trend forecasting
- All news
Replacing floppy in Stäubli JC5 with USB emulator
- Created: 05 July 2013
Computer technology has a much quicker turnaround than textile machinery. A 10 years old loom is almost new, while a PC of equivalent age can't even be given away for charity. You can no longer buy a new PC with 3.5” floppy drive, but you still have many weaving looms, which only accept floppies. Solution? USB floppy emulator.
Emu-what? It is a small box with USB port, a plug-in replacement for a floppy. It has the same size and connector, the machine will think it is still working with a floppy. In the gallery, you see a Stäubli JC5 jacquard controller, how we open it, unscrew and disconnect the floppy, and replace it with the emulator. All the files, which are on the jacquard controller's hard disk, remain there, we don't touch them.
So far so good. What are the glowing led numbers with two digits for? On one USB memory key, you can store up to hundred floppies. For designs, which are big, and do not fit on single floppy, you can select which “floppy” is being read from the USB memory key. To change the number of the floppy, you need to disconnect the memory key, push button to change number, and insert it again.
A computer with ArahWeave CAD will write to USB memory keys directly in a way, which is compatible with USB floppy emulator. ArahWeave can write multiple “floppies” to single USB memory key, and also has tools for formatting it. You can use this solution with Stäubli JC3, JC4, JC5, Bonas, Grosse, or Schleicher jacquards. Compressed Stäubli JC5 files are also supported.
You will be able to load designs faster, you will no longer waste time due to bad floppies.
Please contact Arahne, if you are interested in this solution.