- Variants: why you can't live without them
- Book recommendation: Binding Technology of Fabrics
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2016
- Arahne web site in Chinese
- Advanced ArahDrape user from Vietnam
- Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
- Thank you for visiting Arahne at ITMA 2015 in Milan, Italy!
- Vivid fabric simulations with scanned yarns
- Texture mapping program ArahDrape changes course
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2015
- Surprise in Sardinia
- How to earn 200€ with ArahPaint?
- New ArahDrape manual
- How to spot a genuine newcomer in politics?
- Video: Importing vector drawing into ArahPaint 5
- Do programs ever grow up?
- ArahWeave 7.1 ready for download
- Arahne has a problem
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2014
- How does Annette Duchesne Robitaille use ArahWeave?
- Updated ArahWeave User's Manual
- ArahWeave 7.0d is now available
- Arahne supports open source
- Arahne software on Mac OS X
- 3D for the 3D challenged
- Arahne partners with Pattern Design
- TC-2 jacquard and Arahne in Bratislava
- Arahne in Textiles Zentrum Haslach - Austria
- Mac version coming soon...
- Arahne awarded
- Replacing floppy in Stäubli JC5 with USB emulator
- Fast Pattern woven in Sordevolo
- Goodbye Ottavio Missoni, thank you for all the patterns
- DEMO software for Windows
- Say goodbye to floppies
- ArahPaint for Windows
- Quick Start Manuals
- Arahne at the Rajamangala University
- Automatic label on every fabric roll
- New agent in USA
- Satin Textiles Co.
has chosen Arahne
- Shiny new feature
- 20th Anniversary
- Lesson about optical illusions
- Presentation brochure
- ArahWeave shortcuts
- Patterns for download
- Find the closest color in different color libraries
- Support for Picanol machinery
- Fast Pattern
- Trend forecasting
- All news
Goodbye Ottavio Missoni, thank you for all the patterns
- Created: 10 May 2013
Filters > Noise > Vertical
Filters > Wave > Horizontal
|Filters > Zigzag > Vertical|
As you may know, famous Italian knitwear designer Ottavio Missoni has passed away yesterday. Although his work started in knits, and we are in wovens, his eye catching joyful designs are instantly recognizable, much like a style of a modern artist. We feel connected to him in several ways. Firstly he was born in Dubrovnik, or Ragusa, as he liked to call it with Italian name. After second world war, when Italy lost the war and territories, he moved to Varese, small town north of Milan. It is from there where he started his business empire with his wife Rosita Jelmini. For success, and he had lots of it, you need both creative genius, hard work, and favorable economic climate. He was lucky to have all these in place. Ljubljana, the home town of Arahne, is located roughly halfway between Dubrovnik and Milano, and just like Missoni, Arahne found its first successes in the northern Italy. If you use ArahPaint, you probably know that we have several filter functions, which allow you quick creation of Missoni - like patterns.
Thank you for the inspiration, Ottavio Missoni