- Variants: why you can't live without them
- Book recommendation: Binding Technology of Fabrics
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2016
- Arahne web site in Chinese
- Advanced ArahDrape user from Vietnam
- Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
- Thank you for visiting Arahne at ITMA 2015 in Milan, Italy!
- Vivid fabric simulations with scanned yarns
- Texture mapping program ArahDrape changes course
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2015
- Surprise in Sardinia
- How to earn 200€ with ArahPaint?
- New ArahDrape manual
- How to spot a genuine newcomer in politics?
- Video: Importing vector drawing into ArahPaint 5
- Do programs ever grow up?
- ArahWeave 7.1 ready for download
- Arahne has a problem
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2014
- How does Annette Duchesne Robitaille use ArahWeave?
- Updated ArahWeave User's Manual
- ArahWeave 7.0d is now available
- Arahne supports open source
- Arahne software on Mac OS X
- 3D for the 3D challenged
- Arahne partners with Pattern Design
- TC-2 jacquard and Arahne in Bratislava
- Arahne in Textiles Zentrum Haslach - Austria
- Mac version coming soon...
- Arahne awarded
- Replacing floppy in Stäubli JC5 with USB emulator
- Fast Pattern woven in Sordevolo
- Goodbye Ottavio Missoni, thank you for all the patterns
- DEMO software for Windows
- Say goodbye to floppies
- ArahPaint for Windows
- Quick Start Manuals
- Arahne at the Rajamangala University
- Automatic label on every fabric roll
- New agent in USA
- Satin Textiles Co.
has chosen Arahne
- Shiny new feature
- 20th Anniversary
- Lesson about optical illusions
- Presentation brochure
- ArahWeave shortcuts
- Patterns for download
- Find the closest color in different color libraries
- Support for Picanol machinery
- Fast Pattern
- Trend forecasting
- All news
Say goodbye to floppies
- Created: 22 April 2013
Do you remember paper cards for jacquard, and the revolution of first electronic jacquard, which supported floppies? That was over 20 years ago, most large mills now use network to transfer designs, while some smaller ones are stuck with once cute 3,5'' floppies.
This is a big problem for Stäubli JC4 controllers, where it is virtually impossible to get a network card, while new computers do not have internal floppies. What used to be a nice solution, is slowly turning into a nightmare. External USB floppy is difficult to set up, and for some non-DOS formats, like Stäubli JC4, special tricks are needed to write such floppies.
There is a solution now. A floppy emulator is available on the market. You insert it in your jacquard controller, in place of floppy drive. No other changes are necessary on the controller, as controller will "think" it is still using the floppy, but it will actually read USB memory key. The USB key needs to be formatted in a special way, and CAD software needs to write it in correct format. Arahne has solved this problem, and in ArahWeave 6.1j you will find "Floppy emulator" as one of the write destinations in "Save cards for production".
You can buy floppy emulator from Stäubli or from other companies.