- Variants: why you can't live without them
- Book recommendation: Binding Technology of Fabrics
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2016
- Arahne web site in Chinese
- Advanced ArahDrape user from Vietnam
- Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
- Thank you for visiting Arahne at ITMA 2015 in Milan, Italy!
- Vivid fabric simulations with scanned yarns
- Texture mapping program ArahDrape changes course
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2015
- Surprise in Sardinia
- How to earn 200€ with ArahPaint?
- New ArahDrape manual
- How to spot a genuine newcomer in politics?
- Video: Importing vector drawing into ArahPaint 5
- Do programs ever grow up?
- ArahWeave 7.1 ready for download
- Arahne has a problem
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2014
- How does Annette Duchesne Robitaille use ArahWeave?
- Updated ArahWeave User's Manual
- ArahWeave 7.0d is now available
- Arahne supports open source
- Arahne software on Mac OS X
- 3D for the 3D challenged
- Arahne partners with Pattern Design
- TC-2 jacquard and Arahne in Bratislava
- Arahne in Textiles Zentrum Haslach - Austria
- Mac version coming soon...
- Arahne awarded
- Replacing floppy in Stäubli JC5 with USB emulator
- Fast Pattern woven in Sordevolo
- Goodbye Ottavio Missoni, thank you for all the patterns
- DEMO software for Windows
- Say goodbye to floppies
- ArahPaint for Windows
- Quick Start Manuals
- Arahne at the Rajamangala University
- Automatic label on every fabric roll
- New agent in USA
- Satin Textiles Co.
has chosen Arahne
- Shiny new feature
- 20th Anniversary
- Lesson about optical illusions
- Presentation brochure
- ArahWeave shortcuts
- Patterns for download
- Find the closest color in different color libraries
- Support for Picanol machinery
- Fast Pattern
- Trend forecasting
- All news
Grassi pioneers header and footer on every roll of fabric
- Created: 05 December 2012
Tessitura Fratelli Grassi from Vertova, north of Bergamo, Italy, is an innovative family run contract weaving mill.
The huge variety of the fabrics they weave, sparkled an idea in the young son of the third generation weaver, Diego Grassi. Instead of pasting or drawing labels to the roll (piece), why not weave it as initial and final part of the jacquard fabric. Such woven label will not peel off, and no material is lost, since initial and ending part of the fabric is ruined in the finishing, anyway.
Grassi's production is already fully integrated with ERP SpyderTex from Il Dato. ERP system sends XML requests to ArahWeave CAD server, which converts the fabric file to the appropriate loom file (Staubli JC4, JC5, Bonas).
Arahne has upgraded ArahWeave with capability to create text labels on the fly, and weave them as header and footer of every fabric order. Operator on the ERP can choose the text, size and weave for the label. Label ground continues from the main fabric, so that it does not create any problems in finishing.
Grassi's customers love this feature so much, that they contest the order, if the top woven label is missing. Never again will a weaver walk in the warehouse or finishing department, looking at the rolls of fabric, and not know immediately who ordered them. We accomplished this only with creative use of existing technology (Jacquard, Arahne CAD), no investment in hardware was necessary.