- Variants: why you can't live without them
- Book recommendation: Binding Technology of Fabrics
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2016
- Arahne web site in Chinese
- Advanced ArahDrape user from Vietnam
- Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
- Thank you for visiting Arahne at ITMA 2015 in Milan, Italy!
- Vivid fabric simulations with scanned yarns
- Texture mapping program ArahDrape changes course
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2015
- Surprise in Sardinia
- How to earn 200€ with ArahPaint?
- New ArahDrape manual
- How to spot a genuine newcomer in politics?
- Video: Importing vector drawing into ArahPaint 5
- Do programs ever grow up?
- ArahWeave 7.1 ready for download
- Arahne has a problem
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2014
- How does Annette Duchesne Robitaille use ArahWeave?
- Updated ArahWeave User's Manual
- ArahWeave 7.0d is now available
- Arahne supports open source
- Arahne software on Mac OS X
- 3D for the 3D challenged
- Arahne partners with Pattern Design
- TC-2 jacquard and Arahne in Bratislava
- Arahne in Textiles Zentrum Haslach - Austria
- Mac version coming soon...
- Arahne awarded
- Replacing floppy in Stäubli JC5 with USB emulator
- Fast Pattern woven in Sordevolo
- Goodbye Ottavio Missoni, thank you for all the patterns
- DEMO software for Windows
- Say goodbye to floppies
- ArahPaint for Windows
- Quick Start Manuals
- Arahne at the Rajamangala University
- Automatic label on every fabric roll
- New agent in USA
- Satin Textiles Co.
has chosen Arahne
- Shiny new feature
- 20th Anniversary
- Lesson about optical illusions
- Presentation brochure
- ArahWeave shortcuts
- Patterns for download
- Find the closest color in different color libraries
- Support for Picanol machinery
- Fast Pattern
- Trend forecasting
- All news
Arahne software on Windows using VMware
Many Windows users would like to try the demo of Arahne software which natively runs on Linux, but don't want to install Linux.
There is an easy way for you to run Arahne DEMO software on Windows.
We have prepared a virtual machine (VMware) with Linux and Arahne DEMO software inside. With virtual machine you can run whole Linux inside a window in Windows.
The virtual machine with Arahne DEMO software is ready for download from Arahne web site – Arahne DEMO software.
You will also find installation instructions and a quick tutorial on How to use VmWare.
Say goodbye to floppies
Do you remember paper cards for jacquard, and the revolution of first electronic jacquard, which supported floppies? That was over 20 years ago, most large mills now use network to transfer designs, while some smaller ones are stuck with once cute 3,5'' floppies.
This is a big problem for Stäubli JC4 controllers, where it is virtually impossible to get a network card, while new computers do not have internal floppies. What used to be a nice solution, is slowly turning into a nightmare. External USB floppy is difficult to set up, and for some non-DOS formats, like Stäubli JC4, special tricks are needed to write such floppies.
There is a solution now. A floppy emulator is available on the market. You insert it in your jacquard controller, in place of floppy drive. No other changes are necessary on the controller, as controller will "think" it is still using the floppy, but it will actually read USB memory key. The USB key needs to be formatted in a special way, and CAD software needs to write it in correct format. Arahne has solved this problem, and in ArahWeave 6.1j you will find "Floppy emulator" as one of the write destinations in "Save cards for production".
You can buy floppy emulator from Stäubli or from other companies.
ArahPaint5 for Windows available for download
We are pleased to announce the availability of ArahPaint5 for Windows. If you are an Arahne's jacquard customer, you probably know ArahPaint. Linux customers are using ArahPaint4.1, it is an older version based on Qt 3.4. We have now ported the program to new version of Qt 4.8, which enabled us to port the program to Windows and Mac OSX, and add some new features.
New features include:
- display of freehand mouse pen preview in actual pixel size
- total redesign of image resize window; easy conversion from size in pixels, percentage, density in threads or dpi
- ability to import PDF, Postscript and SVG vector images
- flexible guide indicators, double click on ruler to set them
- loading of colormap from image, for easy conversion from one colormap to another.
- ability to keep unused colors in colormap, for customers who use fixed colormaps for all their images for technical reasons. Toggle "Colors > Keep colormap from image", in order to use that.
- new gradient filter
- PDF manuals available from help menu
- since ArahPaint5 on Windows must work without ArahWeave, it is able to save setup, change language or default directory.
ArahPaint can load 49 image formats (PNG, TIFF, JPG, BMP, GIF), jacquard formats (Staubli, Bonas, Grosse, AVL ...), dobby formts (WIF, Somet, Vamatex, Sulzer, Staubli, Dornier, SmitTextile, ...) as well as some custom image formats from competition (old EAT, old Nedgraphics, Colorado, IAM, Sophis, ...).
ArahPaint5 for windows can only save images in PNG, GIF or JPEG format, TIFF and BMP will be added later.
ArahPaint is free, feel free to copy it or recommend it to friends.
Why is it free? Well, it was free from version 3.0 back in the year 2000, just that up to now it was for Linux only, so it was not as popular as it should have been. Now Staubli has sponsored porting of ArahPaint to Windows, since they plan to use it with their carpet looms. We hope that ArahPaint5 on Windows and Mac OSX will become popular among weavers, they will be more aware of Arahne's software and will want to try (and buy) ArahWeave, which runs only on Linux.
This is the fist public release, so it is considered beta quality.
Quick Start Manuals
We have published the Quick Start Manuals. There are two separate notebooks available for download, one for dobby and one for jacquard. You will find all the steps, needed to design a fabric, explained and illustrated.
Click here to download the English version. We are also preparing translations to Chinese, Finnish, Italian, Spanish, Thai and Turkish language. We will post the news when they are ready.