- Variants: why you can't live without them
- Book recommendation: Binding Technology of Fabrics
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2016
- Arahne web site in Chinese
- Advanced ArahDrape user from Vietnam
- Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
- Thank you for visiting Arahne at ITMA 2015 in Milan, Italy!
- Vivid fabric simulations with scanned yarns
- Texture mapping program ArahDrape changes course
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2015
- Surprise in Sardinia
- How to earn 200€ with ArahPaint?
- New ArahDrape manual
- How to spot a genuine newcomer in politics?
- Video: Importing vector drawing into ArahPaint 5
- Do programs ever grow up?
- ArahWeave 7.1 ready for download
- Arahne has a problem
- Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2014
- How does Annette Duchesne Robitaille use ArahWeave?
- Updated ArahWeave User's Manual
- ArahWeave 7.0d is now available
- Arahne supports open source
- Arahne software on Mac OS X
- 3D for the 3D challenged
- Arahne partners with Pattern Design
- TC-2 jacquard and Arahne in Bratislava
- Arahne in Textiles Zentrum Haslach - Austria
- Mac version coming soon...
- Arahne awarded
- Replacing floppy in Stäubli JC5 with USB emulator
- Fast Pattern woven in Sordevolo
- Goodbye Ottavio Missoni, thank you for all the patterns
- DEMO software for Windows
- Say goodbye to floppies
- ArahPaint for Windows
- Quick Start Manuals
- Arahne at the Rajamangala University
- Automatic label on every fabric roll
- New agent in USA
- Satin Textiles Co.
has chosen Arahne
- Shiny new feature
- 20th Anniversary
- Lesson about optical illusions
- Presentation brochure
- ArahWeave shortcuts
- Patterns for download
- Find the closest color in different color libraries
- Support for Picanol machinery
- Fast Pattern
- Trend forecasting
- All news
Arahne keeps AAA rating in 2014
We are pleased to announce that Arahne was once again awarded the AAA Creditworthiness rating byBisnode, a Swedish credit rating company. This is the third consecutive year.
AAA rating is based on the balance sheet of the last three business years and forecasts the safety of operations in the future.
Only 1,2 % of Slovenian companies got the AAA Creditworthiness rating in 2014.
Arahne is a stable and profitable company with 22 years of experience. Our results guarantee, that we will be a reliable partner also in the future.
How does Annette Duchesne Robitaille use ArahWeave?
Besides industrial customers, Arahne also welcomes handweavers, especially the ones with electronic jacquard.
Annette Duchesne Robitaille from Canada is using Arahne software for several years in combination with AVL electronic jacquard.
This is her web site: http://www.alombreduvent.ca
She started on Linux, but now she uses the Mac OS X version.
Annette finds creative ways to design and weave new fabrics.
If you want to learn more about her work and thought process, please check the following articles:
From Folk Art to Jacquard Tapestry and Ikat Jacquard Style.
ArahWeave 7.0d is now available
You can download the latest demo from here, while users with support contract will get it by e-mail.
The major new feature is support for UTF8 text encoding in all the programs. This allows us to enter any character from € to布 or สิ่งทอ, both in text fields as in file names.Previously, we could not display all the characters in all parts of the program, so Chinese users had to view HTML fabric technical calculations in English. Previous version of the program was already translated to 14 languages, but it did not allow use of national characters. It was only showing the translated text labels.
New version brings hundreds of improvements and bug fixes.
- You can use drag and drop file to directory in fabric, weave or image browser.
- ArahPaint5 supports standard cut&paste from the operating system, so you can quickly copy from the web or paste into e-mail or your documents.
- In printing fabric simulation, you can specify first warp and weave in numeric way.
- ArahWeave can now both read and write to USB memory keys formatted for floppy emulator.
- 3D fabric view on object (shirt, cushion, bow-tie, sofa, curtain) can now be called directly from ArahWeave.
- You can change default image file format from PNG to TIFF, if you like.
- Reading of Staubli JC4 cards allows manual choice of 1344, 1536 or 3071 hooks mapping.
- Most functions available by middle mouse button now also work with Shift + left mouse button, to make them easily available to our Mac OS X users.
- On Mac OS X version, shortcuts for Cut & Paste are not Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V, but ⌘+X, ⌘+V.
- Improved terry support in Dornier AMV, Dornier DoWeave and Smit Textil G6300 dobby formats.
- Reading/writing of Nissan and Somet .ARM dobby formats.
- Reading of Takemura .CGS format.
- Loom layout can be saved in the fabric, for users who use complex loom layouts, and single fabric can only be produced on one loom.
- Program can now calculate optimal number of CPU cores for faster simulation.
- In zoom out, program can display total number of threads and actual fabric size in cm or inches on the ruler.
- All programs are smaller, use less memory, and create smaller files.
Updated ArahWeave User's Manual
We have recently updated ArahWeave User Manual. You can download it from here. There are many updated and corrected entries and replaced screenshots. Among the newly described features, we would like to highlight the following:
- Setting the starting point of fabric printout.
- Auto generating fabric filename, printout title.
- New loom network editor.
Arahne supports open source
Arahne started development of textile CAD on UnixWare in 1992, then in 1997 we ported the software to Linux and in 2013 to Mac OS X.
We have always used open source libraries in parts of our software, and we have also released ArahPaint as open source.
Some libraries, which we use in ArahWeave and ArahDrape were no longer developed, we have hired and paid a programmer to add the features we needed, and released the improved versions as open source.
In this way we give back to the community, whose work we have enjoyed for free.
The new version of Arahne software, which uses those libraries, will be released this week.
We were able to solve some old open issues in internationalization (display and use of national characters), and Arahne will be able to satisfy the needs of its worldwide users in finest details.